Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Healthy New Perspective

I am on a quest this week to start eating healthier, so last weekend I bought some Kashi Oat cereal, whole wheat crackers, soy crisps, dried fruit, yogurt, and some low fat cottage cheese. I was all excited to start my new healthy eating plan until I poured a bowl of my Kashi Oat cereal this morning, only to pour it down the drain after three bites! YUK!!! How do people honestly eat that stuff! At lunch today I had planned on having some fruit and crackers, but my hunger pains were craving something a little more substantial than what I had brought with me to work today.

Why is it so hard at times to enjoy eating healthy? It's nice when I see the results of my sacrifice, but until that time, it is hard work to discipline myself to eat things that are at times tasteless! As I pondered about my new eating plan I thought it was a great illustration of my own spiritual walk. There are times that I feel like my devotional life is dry and "tasteless", but I know that if I just pull through the dry times, the results are well worth the sacrifice!! I've decided to keep on track with eating healthy (minus the cereal), I know that eventually it will pay off, and then I will celebrate over a lobster dinner with my husband (without all of the butter of course!!).

4 comments:

sharonie said...

Kashi has some yummy yummy granola bars...I love thier cherry and choco. chip or their almond honey nut is good to.

Bethany Patrice said...

sharon eats kashi like candy. eating healthy is impossible!! eat a salad once a week and you're good :) that's my philosophy!

Angel said...

The only time I eat somewhat healthy is at breakfast...unless I decide to make pancakes, bacon and eggs! I just eat everything in moderation and that seems to work for me! I find if I deprive myself of certain foods, then I'll just crave them all the more.

Kelly Weinberg said...

Thanks for the advice ladies! :)