Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Minneapolis Bridge Tragedy

It was 4:45 in the afternoon yesterday when my mom called to tell me the news that the 35W bridge had collapsed in Minneapolis. I was stunned at the news! I immediately turned on the evening news only see the most the horrific sight! I couldn't believe my eyes!! I drove over that bridge many times when I used to live in Minneapolis. I am thankful that there were a lot of people who survived the bridge collapsing, but I am also very sad that there are quite a few people who died as a result of what seems like such a crazy catastrophe. I was talking to a very close friend of mine today who lives in Minneapolis, and she said this tragedy reminds you how precious life really is!! That is so true. Who would have thought that driving home from work yesterday a bridge that has been in place for over 40 years would just fall apart while you were driving over it!! We are not promised tomorrow!

My twin brother Justin called me last night and told me that he is in Minneapolis preaching this week, and he drove over that bridge two hours before it collapsed! I am so thankful that Lord protected him from being involved in this tragedy!! I will continue to pray for those who are injured and for all of the families that are mourning the loss of a loved one (s) to this horrible tragedy!

No comments: