Monday, August 20, 2007

Memories

Rick and I had a fun weekend despite all of the rain this weekend! On Saturday afternoon our church had a huge garage sale that we helped out at, and on Saturday evening we went with our good friends Doug and Sandy to the Mariner's Vs. White Sox game at Safeco field. I rooted for the Mariner's because I am a LOYAL Cubs fan!! The Mariners won 5-3! Yay!

It's Monday now, and back to the work week! All of the freshman are arriving on campus today, as I look out the window I see student's & their parents unloading their cars and vans. I remember being so excited and nervous as I arrived on the campus of North Central Bible College in Minneapolis, Minnesota for my first year as a college student. I have so many fun memories from that year! I only lasted at NCBC for one year, mostly due to the fact that I could not take the sub zero temperature's four month's out of the year! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr....!! The next year it was off to Springfield, Missouri for the last 3 years of my college education! The milder winter's were nice, but the most amazing thing I remember from those three years were the God given friendships I established and for the indescribable intimate moments I had with the Lord. Wow...I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it!! :)

It's been seven years since I graduated from college and God has been so faithful in my life during these years! I am so glad that he has directed my path! I'm reminded of one of my favorite verses:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all of your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

sharonie said...

i know when you look back on these years of your life....you will too see how God was so faithful not only to you...but now to your husband too!
Sharon