Monday, August 6, 2007

Lake Chelan

This past weekend Rick and I went to Lake Chelan. It was so beautiful!! We were laying out at the beach on Saturday and in the distance we saw a bunch of people out on boats and jet ski's. Rick and I started talking about how much fun it would be if we owned a boat or a jet ski. Maybe someday we will be able to own one, but that dream is in the distant future.

On Saturday evening we went out for dinner at the place called The Apple Wood Grill. It was so much fun! They had a live band that sounded like Dave Matthews and everyone was yelling out requests from their tables. Over dinner Rick and I started planning our next day at the lake. We decided it would be fun to rent a kayak or row boat. I love being out on the water, so I was very excited for our adventure ahead!

The next morning after breakfast we went to the little shop that rented out Kayak's. After viewing the colorful brochure that was displayed as you walk in the door; Rick and I decided it would be more fun to rent a jet ski. We paid for our rental and went outside to get our life jackets on...I felt like a little girl getting to ride a carousel! After getting our safety instructions from a guy who looked to be 12; we jumped on the jet ski. Rick started out driving while I sat in the back. A little advice to those of you who are planning on riding on back of a jet ski; don't eat right before you ride! Despite feeling a little queasy at first; I had such a fun time.

Okay ladies...this one is for you. After about a half hour of Rick being in front, I told him I wanted a chance to drive. So Rick and I carefully switched places on the ski, and I was now in control!! It took me a minute to get used to driving, but then I was comfortable and off at great speed. At one point I hit a wave that was made by a speed boat that had just passed by, and all of the sudden my husband went flying in the air and then into the water. I looked back and at first I thought Rick is going to be so mad at me, and then all I could do was laugh!! I picked my husband up on the ski, and he told me he couldn't believe I threw him off, but then later on we laughed about it! I'm so glad my husband has a sense of humor! :)

I love the weekends...I wish they lasted longer than two days! It's Monday now and there are only five more days until the weekend, Woo-hoo!!

2 comments:

sharonie said...

those fun activities are ones that we can't do in Chicago. I am so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves!

Bethany Patrice said...

I am living vicariously through you. With two kids, the only place we go on the weekends is our backyard.