Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summertime

Is it just me, or did this summer just fly by?!! When I was a kid summer's felt like they lasted forever, and now it feels like I just blinked and we went from June to August in a matter of seconds! Summer time is my absolute favorite time of year! Although I must say living out here in Seattle this summer has not really felt like the Chicago summer's I am used to. I remember hot summer days swimming at North side Park pool in Wheaton, and playing tag and capture the flag with all of the neighbor kids. I also remember riding my bike with friends to the Popcorn Shop downtown Wheaton and filling my little white candy bag full of gummy bears and lots of sugary treats!! One of my favorite things about summer was falling asleep at night with the windows open and the sound of crickets ringing through the air. Ah...those were the wonderful summers I remember as a child.

I hope someday soon Rick and I will be back in the Midwest. I used to think I could live anywhere in the world and be happy, but there is just no place like the Midwest....it will always be my home!!

No comments: