Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Camping

Well I'm alive and I didn't even see one black bear! Hallelujah! Our camping trip was so much fun! Friday evening we arrived at the site at about 7:30 and set up camp. We made smores and talked with our friends until about 10:30 and then I was off to bed. I didn't sleep so well the first night b/c I was so cold!! It got down to about 40 degrees that night, so I woke up in the middle of the night with a cold nose and then of course because I woke up I had to pee!! I quietly unzipped the tent and found the closest tree to use as my bathroom! Brrrrrr..........I was freezing! I ran quickly back into the tent and pulled the sleeping bag over my head! Before I knew it, it was 6:30 a.m. and Rick was being awakened by our friend David who was ready to go catch some fish. Luckily I got to sleep for another hour! :)

While the boys where out fishing the girls' went on a hike around some beautiful caves! Some of the history about these caves really intrigued me. After our hike we went back to the camp site for some turkey sandwiches. When the boys returned from fishing we all went down by the river to swim and relax! The scenery was breathtaking!! Mount Rainer stood high above the river with thousands of evergreen trees just inches a part from each other all around us! Our God is a beautiful artist! That evening David and his wife Christine prepared a yummy shrimp dinner and we sat around talking about life into the wee hours of the night. Okay...so I wasn't up until the wee hours of the night b/c about 11:00 p.m. I was exhausted and off to bed, but everyone else stayed up. Growing up I was always the girl at sleepovers that was the first one to sleep. Unfortunately, I had a lot of tricks played on my because of it!!

On Sunday morning after breakfast we tore down our camping gear and loaded up the cars. We drove to the east side of Mount Rainer to do some hiking, but because of the altitude we were at it was about 42 degrees! Rick and I were not prepared with enough warm clothes so after about 15 minutes outside we decided to find the nearest restaurant for a nice warm lunch!

We had a great weekend camping! I think our summer adventures have come to end this year! Now it's time to get refocused for rest of this year, and ready for whatever God has planned for us in the near future!

1 comment:

sharonie said...

so glad you had a great time and you were safe!