Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Positive Belief

Have you ever questioned God? Have you felt like he has forgotten about you and turned a deaf ear to your prayer requests? I know that I am not the only one that has felt that way just by reading the scriptures, however, these questions have been going through my mind frequently this week. You would think a being a christian who seeks after God with their whole heart wouldn't be asking such silly questions, but I know that God doesn't see these questions as silly, but merely a chance to build character in me and to show me once again that HE is a FAITHFUL and LOVING God!!

I was reading my devotional book this morning and the topic of today's devotion was "Positive Belief" It spoke to my heart directly. I was fighting back the tears as I was reminded once again how faithful God really is. Here is excerpt from my book;

"Getting what we want immediately may not be best for us. Sometimes waiting is the best thing because it helps develop the character of God in us. The Lord chooses to do good to us and to make us happy; the devil chooses to do wrong and make us miserable. We can remain patient and keep believing God's promises, or we can allow the evil one's whisper to fill our ears and lead us astray."

(Here is the really good part)
"Too many of us have ignored the fact that God is the originator of miracles. He specializes in doing the impossible: He provided a son to barren Sarah; He opened the Red Sea for the Israelites to walk across dry land; He destroyed Goliath with a single stone from a slingshot. Those are miracles. That's the Holy Spirit at work, defying the laws of nature!"

I was so encouraged today during my time with the Lord. I know that He sees my heart and he hears my cry. I am his daughter and he loves to give good gifts to his children. Though I have many questions for God; I know the answer to all of them now is simply Jesus. I choose to trust despite my disbelief; I choose to rest in the promise that my God is faithful and He will do it; maybe not in my timing, but in the best possible timing....HIS TIMING!

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

2 comments:

sharonie said...

kelly after reading my sister and your blog today...it was so encouraging! For so many different things we face as Christians. Not only were your words encoruaging, but I appreciate your transparency. As a friend I totally want to be supportive and there for you during this time. Whenever you need a listening ear...don't hesitate to call.

Heather said...

Hey Kells-

I really liked your blog today. Very insirpational. I know with my health it is easy to get frustrated and not understand why, but we do serve a bigger God that knows exactly what He's doing in our lifes, even though we might not understand. Thanks! Love and Miss you! Heather