Friday, August 24, 2007

Another Weinberg Adventure

So we are off this weekend on another Weinberg adventure. Rick was invited to go camping & fishing with a friend from his work. His friend said that his wife was coming too and that I should come along. I agreed - who doesn't love the great outdoors! On Thursday while we were packing up our camping gear Rick informed me that we need to pack the toilet paper because there are no bathrooms where we are camping. I lovingly asked him to repeat what he had just said, and again he said, "there are no bathrooms, but there are a lot of great bushes for you to use." I think the last time I went out in the great wild outdoors was when I was a junior in high school on a mission trip in Venezuela. This should be interesting. The other bit of information Rick mentioned last night was the tiny little fact that there is no cell phone service where we are going either. Okay, are we trying out for Survivor or what?!! I am going to have to bring the video camera b/c I might enter us in the competition!

Despite camping in the wilderness with no bathrooms or cell phone service; I think this should be a fun little trip. I just hope there are no black bears!! I hear they are all over the forests this time of year! If you don't hear from me by Monday you may want file a missing persons report b/c I won't have cell phone service to call in case of an emergency. HA! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

you guys are making great memories this summer. If I don't hear from you on Monday while I am at work through email....I will call 911...problem is, I don't know your address to report you are missing.