Monday, July 30, 2007

Car Accident

It's been awhile since I last blogged. Last Thursday morning on my way to work I was in a car accident. I was going north bound toward work and another lady was going south bound on the same road; we both had green lights. A lady going east bound ran a red light and hit both the other lady and myself. OUCH!! It's funny; everything happened so quickly, yet every time I play the accident over in my head it's in slow motion. I am alright (thank you Jesus)!! I went to the doctor and I have a few bruises and whip lash that is painful, but God's is healing me quickly! :) As for our car...it may be time for a new one! Everything is still going through insurance right now, so we will see what happens.

The part of this accident that is a miracle is the fact that the lady (Jessie) who was driving the Chevy, Tahoe was going south and the lady that hit us was traveling east, so the Tahoe was hit first and took the brunt of the impact, while I; driving a much small vehicle was hit with less impact. I can't even imagine what would have happened to me if that Tahoe was not hit first. I could be seriously injured right now. Now, I am not saying that I am happy that the poor lady driving the Tahoe was hit the hardest, I am just saying that she had a big vehicle that could handle the impact a lot better than my little car. I am praying for her and the lady who ran the red light too. I know that both of them were hurting after this accident, and I pray that God would heal all of their injuries!!

I spent all day Thursday just thanking Jesus for his protection over me!! HE is our protector and HE made sure I was protected from serious injury! Thank you Lord for your protection over us! "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalms 32:7

No comments: