Thursday, July 12, 2007

100 Degrees!

Yesterday in Seattle it was 100 degrees and all of the natives of the fine state of Washington were freaking out. I on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed it!! Hot weather just makes me happy - I could probably live somewhere where it was warm all year round. Well...except at Christmas time, because you have to have snow on Christmas! I guess I could just fly home to Chicago at Christmas time for the cold weather and snow. It's funny (or sad) out of all of the states I could live in I am living in one of the rainiest, coolest (not cold, just cool), most dreary places in the nation. I know that Seattle doesn't get the most rainfall when it comes to inches of rain per year, but we have to be up there for the amount of days that it rains per year. I didn't think I would see the day when it got sunny again in 2007!!! Okay, so I need to stop talking about rain and just rejoice that it is sunny and warm now. One great thing about this state is that b/c of the rain everything is so green and lush! The mountains and lakes are all so beautiful too! My advice...take a family vacation to Washington during the months of July or August, but don't move here unless you really enjoy rain nine months out of the year (there are lots of people out there who do!).

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Kelly - I'm THRILLED that you've decided to join the blogging society... I'll have to talk to Bethany and see if we can come up w/ some kind of hazing ritual to initiate you! HAHA! YAY for Kelly blogging --- GO KELLY! Love ya.

sharonie said...

Hi friend, you and Bethany make me want to start a blog now. I just don't what all you would put on here. I now will have three things to check every morning when I go online

1) myspace
2) Bethany's Blog
3) YOur blog