Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Denver, Colorado

I'm so excited!!! Rick and I booked tickets a couple of weeks ago for a little get away to Denver, Colorado! Today, I reserved the rental car and I got butterflies just thinking about how much fun we are going to have! We are leaving on November 29th and returning on December 4th.

When I lived in Denver 4 years ago, it was not only the most beautiful place to live geographically, but hands down the best ministry position I was ever blessed to have. I was the Outreach Pastor at the church I was working at, and they actually paid me a nice salary to plan outreaches in the community and tell people about Jesus!! I pray someday I will be able to find a position like that again!

It will be so much fun to visit that church again while we are in Denver, and of course to see all of the wonderful people I grew to know and love while working there. I'm looking forward to this trip as it will be a time for Rick and I to rest and relax before we head into the BUSY Christmas schedule. Isn't it funny that we need a vacation before we go on vacation to visit our family at Christmas?!! Last summer when we came home to Chicago in July we ran until the minute we boarded the plane to come back to Seattle. When we returned to Seattle I told Rick I felt like I needed another vacation! Funny how that works!

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

YAY for Kelly. Have fun and enjoy these times!

sharonie said...

I am so glad you two are going to get away together! I hope you have such a wonderful and memorable time!