Monday, November 26, 2007

My Weekend

It's Monday morning and I am back at work! I wish we had four day weekends more often! Rick and I had a wonderful time at my brother's house for Thanksgiving! I made my first ever homemade pumpkin pie and I am happy to say that it actually tasted good! Friday morning at 6:30 am my sister in law and my two nieces headed out to the black Friday sales. I wasn't as impressed this year as I have in years past. Although, I must say I did find some good bargains at Old Navy and Macy's. The hard part for me about black Friday sales is that I want to shop for me and I know that I should be Christmas shopping for other people. I allowed myself $30 and the rest of my money went to other people. I do love shopping for family and friends, but you know how it is when you see a sweater or a pair of pants that you want and the price is drastically reduced! I had to spoil myself a little bit!!

Okay, so I must say that I am officially sick of football!! I never thought those words would come out of my mouth, but Rick literally watched almost every pro and college game that was on T.V.! Last night after the Bears won due to Devin Hester making some incredible plays; I finally got Rick to agree to watch the colored version (he doesn't watch black and white movies) of Miracle on 34th Street. At one point during the movie he asked if he could just check the score of the Eagles and Patriots game and I reluctantly said okay. That checking the score for a minute request turned into watching the whole 4th quarter of the game! All I am saying is that I would be doing great if I didn't watch football for the next week!!

I am really excited b/c Rick and I leave for our get away to Denver Colorado on Thursday! We are going to have so much fun!! The nice part is that this will be another shorter work week for both Rick and I. YEAH!!

2 comments:

Angel said...

How did your pumpkin pie turn out? I've never made one, but I want to. We're not going to IN for Christmas, my parents are coming here the middle of Dec. and then we'll go to VA to Ronnie's parents after that. So, it's nice we'll get to be with both!

Bethany Patrice said...

Which brother lives by you? I'm sorry your black friday wasn't super good, but I certainly agree with your philosophy of allotting a certian amount of money for yourself. you deserve it! :)

As for football, i'm glad I have a hubby who could care less! But, try getting him to turn off a video game so we could watch a christmas movie, and that would be a miracle!