Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Redeeming Love

Has anyone ever read the book, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers? I started reading this book last week and I cannot put it down! Many people have recommended that I read this book, but I usually don't have much time to read so I never got around to it. Last week I found the book at a book outlet store for $8 so I bought it and I am glad that I did!

The book is fiction although it is taken from the story of Hosea in the Bible. As I read the first three chapters of this book my heart broke for this little girl who was sold into sex slavery. I wanted so badly to jump into the story and take this girl into my home and tell her just how precious she was to Jesus (Michael Hosea does that for me!). I have felt for a long time that God was calling me to minister to prostitutes, and as I read this book I am reminded of that call on my life. I'm not sure when it will happen, but I know someday I will help rescue women from a life of prostitution and sexual bondage. If you haven't read this book I completely recommend it! I am usually a person who would rather watch a movie than read a book, but this book is an exception, I would much rather read it than watch a movie!

6 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

That is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE books. So glad you are reading it. You should also read The Mark of the Lion series by her, it is amazing. I read one of the books that was about 500 pgs in ONE day b/c I couldn't put it down.

Bethany Patrice said...

I am with Judith...this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE book too! I am actually buying this book for all of our women leader's this year for Christmas...(I hope they don't read this!) I never saw my relationship with God so clearly as I did when I read this book. My other favorite by her is "When the Shorfar Blew", it is about a pastor's wife. She is excellent!

Judith and Lance said...

Kel - I'm waiting for the CO pictures... where are they? :)

Angel said...

I haven't read that one, but I'll get it, I did when "When the Shorfar blew" though and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Kelly Weinberg said...

Judith, I don't leave for CO until November 28th. I'll post pictures when I return on December 4th.

Judith and Lance said...

Sorry, I'm senile sometimes :)