Thursday, November 15, 2007

Real or Fake?

Last weekend Rick and I were out shopping for Christmas decorations, and I found a really beautiful fake Christmas tree at the store which was on sale for 30% off. I told Rick we should buy it, but he didn't want to buy it b/c he prefers real Christmas trees. Growing up we always had fake trees, mainly because my mom didn't like vacuuming up pine needles all of the time. Rick on the other hand has had real trees his whole life. Since we have been married we have only gotten real trees, and I have really enjoyed the whole experience of cutting the tree down together, and the fresh smell of pine lingering in the air. The only reason I want a fake one this year is due to the fact that we will be out of town for Christmas this year. I think the tree will die if we don't water it while we are gone for a week and half.

So my question is how many of you buy real trees at Christmas and how many of you have fake trees that you store each year? Is one better than the other, or is it just a matter of preference?

5 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

We have a fake one and love it. I think it's a matter of preference.

Bethany Patrice said...

real...even for clean freak like myslef!!! The whole experience of going to cut one down made so many memories for our family. I think my dad would disown me for getting a fake one. I love the smell, I love bringing in part of the outdoors, I love the feel, I love the color...I don't love the needles, or the constant watering, but it's worth it.

You can get a fake one as long it's not one of those white or blue one's from the 50's.

Heather said...

We do fake because that's what John and I both had growing up and we are used to it. I agree, personal preference.

Angel said...

Ronnie and I always got a real one up until last year. After having to pick up pine needles out of our berber carpet that wouldn't vaccum up, I said "No more real trees!" Plus, we're normally gone for Christmas too, so it was just easier b/c we always had to take the tree down before we left, so it wasn't up very long. But, I would suggest if you're going to get a fake tree to wait till after Christmas when they're 75% off!!!

sharonie said...

real all the way!