Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rejoice Always!

This has been a hard week for me in many ways, but through the tough situations I have been going through I have chosen to rejoice! It is amazing that when we make an effort (and I stress the word effort) to rejoice and praise God despite our our difficult circumstances, HE fills our hearts with unexplainable joy and peace!! I have felt the love and compassion of Jesus like never before this week! I challenge all of you that no matter what doubt or fear floods your heart, to just trust and rejoice in the Lord! I remember growing up in church singing this song;

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice....Rejoice! (and then we would repeat it like 10 or 15 times over!). That song has been in my heart this week! I will rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS! Today I read Psalms 5 in my morning devotions. Verses 11-12 really spoke to me.

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalms 5:11-12

3 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Praying for you!

Heather said...

Thats so funny that you mentioned that song. I was teaching to my little 2nd grade voice students last week! Gotta love the oldies! Heth

sharonie said...

I am glad that during your recent trials that God is reminding you of his promises and how to stay focused on Him. Through these ScriHe is touching you and ptures he has given you He is reminding you that he has not forgotten you!