Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Painful Day at the Spa!

As I began this blog I am wondering if I should really write about my painful experience today. I've decided that I will be vague, but I will share because I want to remember that I actually was crazy enough to do this!

It all began a few months ago when my husband and I decided at the last minute to go swimming. I quickly shaved my bikini line so that I wouldn't be embarrassed at the beach. Unfortunately it left a razor burn due to my hurried shaving in the shower. Rick suggested that instead of going through the pain all the time of shaving that area that I should get a bikini wax. I was a little worried about that b/c I have heard they are very painful. I asked a friend of mine that get these waxes on a normal basis if in fact it was really as painful as it sounded. She told me the first time it hurts like someone is pinching you, but after you go every 6 weeks the pain is less. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

This brings me to my adventure today at lunch. I decided to make an appointment this morning to go on my lunch break. As I arrived at the Day Spa a nice woman took me back to what looked like a Victorian style bedroom. I was worried that I made a reservation for a hotel instead of a bikini wax!! A minute later a European woman with a thick accent walked in the room and told me to take off my pants. Let the pain begin!! I will spare you the details b/c I really don't think they are appropriate to share over the Internet, but let me just say that I would rather be stabbed in the side then have that done ever again in my life!!! Oh, and one minor thing I forgot to mention; I had a brazilian wax done b/c the lady thought that is what I made an appointment for and by the time I realized that she misunderstood that I just wanted a bikini wax I had wax EVERYWHERE!!

For those of you that get these waxes done - I have three words for you; YOU ARE CRAZY! I'm going to be doing a lot of swimming at our gym's pool after all the pain I went through to wear a bathing suit!

2 comments:

sharonie said...

Okay, I am so glad you called and told me this story. Way too funny. And now you know the difference, so I don't have to go through what you went through adn all that pain! but it was worth :)

Bethany Patrice said...

you are hilarious....there is an old saying that says, 'you must suffer to be beautiful.' Yeah right! I cry after I get my eyebrows waxed..so no thank you to any waxing below the neck!