Thursday, September 20, 2007

90 Minutes in Heaven

Yesterday evening I stopped at Barnes & Noble to wait for my hubby to get off work. B&N is right across the street from the building Rick works at, which is nice because then I don't have to wait in the car for him. He gets off work anywhere between 5:00 - 6:30 pm. and then just walks across the street to meet me.

As I walked into the store I noticed the best seller shelf at the front entrance and I decided to take a look. One of the books that caught my attention was a book that I had seen before, but had never read. It was called 90 Minutes in Heaven and it was written by Don Piper. I picked up the book and started reading it as I stood there. I was immediately overtaken by this incredible true story. I noticed a chair had opened up across the store and I quickly made my way to the big comfy chair to continue my reading.

This man's story is amazing. He was hit by a semi truck on his way back from speaking at conference and pronounced dead by the EMT's just minutes later. I won't give the chapter's I read away in case some of you reading my blog want to read this book, but the man (Don Piper) spends 90 minutes in heaven before he is conscious again and back on earth. His description of heaven made me yearn for the day when I will get the chance to live there eternally. It was a reminder to me that the BEST is yet to come! Our life here on earth is temporary, but our life in heaven is eternal. I'm thankful that Jesus went to the cross so that I could live eternally!

I only got to chapter 5 in this book before Rick came and met me, and I am so anxious to read the rest of the book now. I think I will stop by the library this afternoon and check it out, so I can finish it without any interruptions.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 1 Corinthians 4:16-18

4 comments:

Rick said...

Kelly, I just wanted to say that you are the most adorable woman I have ever met. I love your blog! I like to know what you have done each day. It's awesome to see your unbridled thoughts without the "husband filter" being applied.

Your Love
@->--

Heather said...

Hey Kelly-

Cute picture of you and Rick.

Sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out. Always looking for a good read!

Espically since my favorite cousin doesn't work at Tindale anymore! : )

Judith and Lance said...

Thanks for sharing, Kelly. The book sounds great. I'd like to read it, Heaven is especially more precious to me now that my sister and cousin are there.

sharonie said...

Rick's shirt looks familar in that picture.