Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If You Say Go

Over the last two or three months Rick and I have been seeking God's direction for our future. We want HIS will to be done and not our own! As I was asking the Lord for direction this morning I was reminded of this song that we sing at my church. It's Vineyard song and the lyrics go like this:

If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You.

This worship song sums up my heart toward God's leading. At times I have to remind myself that GOD IS IN CONTROL! I am really good at trying to plan out our life and our future on my own. I know that never works!! I will trust the Lord to lead us...If he HE says go (where ever that my be) we will go, if he says wait, we will wait (even though I am not very good at waiting part)! I'm waiting in anticipation for all of the wonderful things God has in store for my life!

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

Ps 19:24 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Whenever I am faced with a fork in the road, I always pray that despite my plans, God's purposes would materialize. I want God's will to be done in your life too...(I hope it includes Chicago!!)