Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pregnancy Question?

Last weekend I bought some really cute maternity clothes for the summer. I decided to wear one of the outfits on Sunday to church and came to the realization that I am VERY WHITE!! As you know we don't get much sun in this part of the country and of course tanning beds are a big no, no for pregnant women. So yesterday while I was at Target I bought a bottle of sunless tanning lotion thinking that I could at least get some color that way.

Here is my big question...is it okay to use sunless tanning lotion while you are pregnant? There is not warning on the bottle. I tried to ask my question on Google to see what answers I got online, but I was so confused after reading all of the info. Some women say it's fine, and others say it is harmful to the baby. I probably should just call my doctor and find out directly, but I thought I would see If any of you had input or an answer to my question.

5 comments:

Me..... said...

I really don't know the answer to that one... I would think it would be fine... I have never heard of a lotion being harmful but then again I have heard of stranger things. I guess you should just ask your doc. I hope you guys start getting some sun in that part of the country!!

Bethany Patrice said...

I used it. Of course, that may be why Kent is so crazy!

Angel said...

I have no idea, but I don't think it would harm the baby, but you're right, it's best to just ask your dr. so you're not worrying about it.

Judith and Lance said...

I got spray tanned last week @ LA Tan. My friend said that some people say not to use it and other people say it does nothing to affect the baby, but I've done no research.

Judith and Lance said...

I got spray tanned last week @ LA Tan. My friend said that some people say not to use it and other people say it does nothing to affect the baby, but I've done no research.