Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Maternity Clothes?!!

It's official .....I no longer fit in my pants! I'm 13 weeks and my baby bumps is becoming more defined! On Sunday my sweet husband took me shopping for maternity clothes. I was excited about all of the fun clothes that I was going to buy!! The first store I walked into at the mall was Mimi Maternity. I saw this really cute summer dress on a hanger as I walked in the store entrance. I was so excited I found something so cute, and then I looked at the price tag. The dress was $109.00. Are you kidding me?!! I can buy a lot more that just a dress with $109.00. The start of my fun shopping excursion turned sour quickly. I decided to check out department stores thinking they may have cheaper prices, and some of them did, but with the price reduction went the cuteness!! Sadly, I left the mall that day with a Jamba Juice and no clothes!

Okay...so a question for all of you mom's out there. Where did you buy your maternity clothes? Is there a place where I can buy CUTE maternity clothes at a fair price? I heard Old Navy has a maternity section at some of their stores, but the one by me doesn't. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Me..... said...

I bought a ton of mine at Target and Motherhood Maternity... we also have a cool Gap Warehouse that sells Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic maternity clothes for dirt cheap..... I think Old Navy has a maternity section.... can't wait to see pics of you pregnant!

Lana said...

Target and Ebay, my friend...Target and Ebay! I frequented them both! I do like Motherhood, but some of their stuff fit me weird... So excited for you, Kelly!

Angel said...

Target, Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, Ebay and some Ann Taylor Loft stores now carry maternity, but I don't know what their prices are like. If you're Old Navy doesn't carry maternity you should be able to order it online. You'll probably wear mostly smalls for a while and then mediums at the end. I think they have a size chart that will tell you what size according to what your normal size is. Mimi is absolutely over priced! You can also check out second hand shops.

Bethany Patrice said...

I echo all of what everyone said. Except, with the second baby, I just bought bigger shirts instead of maternity shirts. I think it's cute when you a have a baby bump that shows!