Wednesday, March 12, 2008

American Idol Recap

I have been watching American Idol from the beginning, you know the Kelly Clarkson & Justin Guarini days! In my opinion this season # 7 has been the best so far! I have a hard time deciding who I really want to vote for each week. Last night it was Brooke White hands down. Her version of "Let Be" was absolutely amazing. I still think despite David Archuleta forgetting the lyrics to his song that he did a good job vocally (until the end), and he will definitely NOT be voted off tonight. There are way too many girl's in this country that will see that NEVER happens!

The one thing that frustrated me last night or should say really ticked me off...was Simon Cowell and his comments to both Paula and Ryan. I hate how he disrespects Paula (even if she is a little flaky most of the time). I also don't like that he assumes Ryan is gay. I'm really hoping that is not true! I can see how some would wonder in that the guy has never really had a girlfriend since he has been in the spotlight over the past 7 years! I'm just going to believe he hasn't found the right GIRL to settle down with!

All in all it was a good night of performances. Oh except for Kristy Lee Cook's country version of "Eight Days a Week"! I almost had to change the channel. Unfortunately, I think that cost her this competition. I wouldn't be surprised if Kristy was voted off tonight. We'll see what happens in the result show tonight!