Tuesday, December 11, 2007

PRAYER

Last night and this morning I have been reflecting on prayer. I know many of us at one point in our lives have felt like our prayers were not being heard. My thoughts go to David as he wrote Psalm 28:1-2;

"To you I call, O'Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.
Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your most holy place."

I feel as though this verse has been my hearts cry over the past eight months! Where are you God? Do you hear me? I will worship him regardless of him answering my prayers, and he has answered my prayers, but maybe just not the way I had hoped he would. His thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are my ways his ways, but as the heavens are higher than the earth so are HIS ways higher than my ways and his thoughts than my thoughts! It comes down to this, God knows what is best for his children and he surely does bless all of us far beyond all we could think or imagine!!

I think it would be great to start praying for one another daily! I know this may sound cheesy, but what if over the next 30 days we would commit to pray for each other's needs every single day! I will make that commitment to each one of you reading my blog today. If you want to post a comment with your need I will promise to pray every day for that need. If your request is personal than I will just pray that God would meet the needs that you have b/c HE knows all of our requests before we even ask! The amazing part of this will be that we can all celebrate and praise God together when those requests have been answered!!

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands in not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12

"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"
Romans 8:31-32

4 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

Most of you already know what I have been asking God for, but in case you are reading this and you don't; Rick and I are asking God for a baby. We are believing for an answer to our hearts cry to be parents.

sharonie said...

I will continue to pray for you for the next 30 days. I think my prayer would be for a healthy delivery and baby. I am very scared....

great idea to pray for one another for the next 30 days. I can't wait to see what other's put on here to pray for.

sharonie said...

I prayed for you today!

Kelly Weinberg said...

I Prayed for you today too!! :)