Thursday, December 6, 2007

Denver

Our trip to Denver was amazing!! I feel so refreshed and rested!! I am really bummed b/c last night I downloaded all of our pictures to a CD (I thought) so that I could bring them to work and upload them to my blog. Well I downloaded them on to a blank DVD instead of a CD so they won't open at my work computer!! :( I will try and post the pictures tonight on my home computer. As for our trip here is a brief summary:

Thursday: Flew out from Seattle to Denver at 7:00 pm. We landed in Denver at 11:00 pm and after we got our bags and our rental car we headed to a very beautiful hotel. We arrived at the hotel at about 1:00 am and we were both exhausted and excited all at the same time so we stayed up another hour and a half and watched TV in bed together.

Friday: We went over to Pastor Gene and Rhonda Roncone's home. They took us out to lunch at PF Chang's (my favorite!!). After lunch we went sight seeing and shopping around town. In the evening we went to see my second family in Denver...the Alvino's. It's funny most of my second families in life have been Italian. The Elton's and the Alvino's. :) We had fun at Andrea's house who is now not an Alvino anymore, she is Andrea Kissler. It was so wonderful to see everyone!

Saturday: We planned on heading to Breckenridge for the day, but due to some really heavy snow fall the night before most of the roads were not safe to drive on in the mountains. Instead we went to Park Meadows mall with Pastor Gene and Rhonda and did some Christmas shopping. That evening Rick and I went out for a nice dinner and then headed to the theaters to see the movie August Rush, which by the way was an incredible movie!! It's a must see!!

Sunday: It was time to see everyone at the church I where I used to be Outreach Pastor. It was a fun reunion with lots of old friends!! It felt like I had never left Denver. Oh, how I miss those days!! That afternoon we had lunch with some friends and then headed over to the Alvino's to watch the Bears and the Broncos both get beat! Not a good day in the NFL for either of us!

Monday: Our day in the mountains. We headed to Pike's Peak in the morning to ride the Cog Rail up to the top. Unfortunately, we only made it 12,500 feet above sea level b/c once again there was too much snow and wind at the top. I think it is 14,000 feet at the top. Anyway...it was still a gorgeous train ride. After Pike's Peak we headed to Breckenridge to eat dinner and do some shopping. Breckenridge was breathtaking!! I can't wait to post my pictures. There was lots of snow and Christmas lights everywhere! It looked like a painting I would hang on my wall!

Tuesday: We headed to the airport to fly back to Seattle. I dreaded this day! I didn't want to leave. I love Denver and I hope someday before the end of my life I can live there again!!

That's our trip in a nutshell. Now we are getting ready to leave in two weeks for Chicago. I am really excited to see all of my family and friends over Christmas!

4 comments:

sharonie said...

Sounds like a fun filled trip. I am glad you are refreshed adn not too tired. Okay, I don't think I could go up on any hill where it is too windy and snowy...you have guts. I can't wait to see some pics. It sounds like you had a great time as a couple too...lots of quality time together!

Bethany Patrice said...

i can't believe you had to turn around in pike's peak. we went there during the summer one year and we were freezing at the top...i can't imaginge the winter. well, i'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and hopefully i'll get to see my long lost friend again.

Judith and Lance said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. I love Denver and Breckenridge and Colorado, it is indeed quite beautiful. Glad you had such a great time!

Erin said...

It looks like you had a great time, Kelly.

If you're going to be at church at all during your time in Chicago, let me know (message me on Facebook or MySpace). I'd love to see you guys again! Plus, Dave will be here, so you can meet him.