Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Cost of Beauty!

This morning while I was getting ready for work I realized that I desperately need to get my hair cut and highlighted again. The problem is that the people I trust the most with my hair are the most expensive!! It's really hard for me to pay $100 (sometimes more) to get my hair cut and colored. Is that too much? What do those of you reading this blog pay for your haircuts and highlights? I went to this beauty school to get my haircut and colored a while back and the girl did a good job, but the problem was It took her over 4 hours to do my hair. I promised myself I would never go back to a beauty school again to get my hair done!!

I am going to do some research online today and see if there are any first time customer coupons for any of these salons. Sometimes you can get some good deals when you try new places! Hopefully I can find a good salon at a good price! =)

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I cannot believe you posted this today! I went to get my hair cut and I had the exact same question. I LOVE my hairdresser and she is $32, and I usually tip her $8 because she is always on time and sometimes comes in just for me. Is that too much? I only color my hair at home because once I paid (don't freak out blogosphere) almost $200 from Mario Tricocci's a year ago. I vowed only to get my hair cut professional and I let the students color my hair. (I know I'm brave). I think $40 is reasonable for a cut, but maybe I'm wrong.

Me..... said...

I used to get mine cut from Joel's sister.. who is amazing at cutting hair and she always colored and cut if for free... but now I go to a girl who charges 30 and I usually tip 7 bucks. I really only have let Joel's sister color my hair because she is the only one I trust! Good thing I am not turning gray yet I guess!!! I always struggle with how much to tip......

Angel said...

Since I moved to FL and our finances have been tighter than ever, I've been going to Aveda - which is a school, but they also have a Masters program. So, they charge $12 for haircuts and $36 for highlights and if you go to the Masters students it's like $6 more. It did take 4 hrs. for me to get my hair highlighted last time, so I decided to stick with the Master's students. I've liked everything they've done and I really don't have any other option at the time. I've too afraid to go to hairdressers at church b/c I'm afraid they'll do something I hate and I won't want to go back. I'm sticking with Aveda Masters Students.