Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Miss My Husband!!

Well I made it another night without my hubby! Rick has been gone on a business trip to Mexico since Monday morning. At first I thought I could stay by myself while he was gone, but the first night he was gone I slept with the living room and hall lights on. Every time I heard a noise my heart would start race and I would start praying. Last night wasn't as bad b/c I think I wore myself out the first night with my lack of sleep. I don't know how wives who have husbands who travel every week do it. I guess with kids it wouldn't be as lonely, but maybe I'm wrong. I think it is just hard all together! I really miss my husband!!! The good news is Rick is being sent to Australia in March and I get the honor of going with him on this trip! He will work during the days and I will visit the Kola bears and kangaroos! :)

Tonight I am going to head up to Snohomish, Washington, which is about 45 minutes from my apartment to stay with my brother and his family. I love my nieces and nephews, and I know we will have a lot of fun together. The bad part is going to be the commute into work tomorrow on the express way! I am going to have to leave by 6:15 a.m. to make it to work on time! Two more days and Rick will return. YEAH!!!!

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Kelly I feel you on this one. I hate when Erik is gone two weeks for camp, 10 days for a missions trip, and a week for fine arts. I sleep with all my lights, with a knife by my bed, with my bible, with the phone, and with the TV on. I hate it because 500 people in the church know my husband is gone and they know i'm home alone. What if there are whackos out there? I'm just like you were I stay up the whole first night, and then sleep the next because I'm so tired. The last time Erik was gone I had one of our neighbors park their car in the driveway just so it looked like I had visitors. I'm a worry a holic. I hope you get some rest these next few nights. I feel your pain!

sharonie said...

YOu get to go on a fun trip with your hubby! How awesome is that? You don't have to stay home on this one in March!

Judith and Lance said...

Australia -- WOW! That will be so fun, I would love to go one day and it would be even better to go w/ Lance on a business trip b/c then you only have to buy 1 ticket (at least for us until Bella is 2!!)

Having kids doesn't make being @ home any less scary for me. I'm just like Bethany and sleep w/ the phone and Bible in my bed right next to me. I HATE it when Lance is gone. He's going to CA later this month and I'm going to go and spend some time w/ my friend in Milwaukee so I don't have to stay by myself.