Thursday, January 17, 2008

God's Voice???

This morning while I was praying and doing my devotions I felt this voice inside speak something to me. It is something that for a long time I have been praying and asking God for. I immediately began to thank God for His blessing that is soon to come, but in the midst of my rejoicing I started to wonder if that was really God or if it was just me wanting to believe so badly for this prayer to be answered. I have faith and believe that God will answer my prayers, but how do we as Christians know if it is really God speaking to us or our own positive faith inspired feelings speaking to us?! Is it wrong to ask God to confirm what we feel he was speaking to us? Does asking for a confirmation from God demonstrate a lack of faith on my part?

No comments: