Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hope & A Future....

Last night as I was doing my devotions I came across a verse that has been highlighted in my Bible since high school. We are all very familiar with this verse as most of us heard it quoted many times upon graduating both high school and college. The verse I am referring to is Jeremiah 29:11:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I read this verse along with verses 12 & 13 and peace came over me in such an amazing way. I always thought of this verse for others, specifically seniors who were graduating and stepping out into the real world, but this verse is meant for all of us in whatever season we are in right now. I know as Rick and I seek direction for our future this verse gives me comfort and hope. God has plans for all of us to prosper and he gives us hope and a bright future. I will end my post today with the entire passage I read last night, verses 11-13. Hopefully it will bring as much hope to your day as it has to mine.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29-11-13

1 comment:

Judith and Lance said...

That was my sister's life verse and it really helped her through a lot of difficult times when her future seemed so uncertain. Bless you, Kelly.